Domestic Violence (EPO and DVO)

If you have been a victim of an act of violence you may qualify for an Emergency Protective Order or EPO.  This is a civil order, that after being signed by a Judge, serves to protect you from further acts of violence from this person.  Within 14 days of the EPO being issued a trial will be had to determine if a Domestic Violence Order will be issued and what the terms will be.  Once this is issued it states the abuser will not be able to contact you or be within a specified area around you or they will be in violation of that order , which can lead to jail time for them.


Deciding to file for a divorce can be one of the most difficult decisions in your life, especially if children are involved.  Not only do you have the stresses of the emotional toll this can take, but you are now facing an overwhelming legal process. 

Many of the issues you will have to face are:

  • Maintenance
  • Child custody and timesharing
  • Child support
  • Paternity
  • Modification and enforcement
  • Prenuptial agreements
  • Protective orders
  • Property division
  • Mediation
  • Parental rights

It is good to have a compassionate, experienced attorney on your side that can take you through every step of this process in a professional and understanding environment.

Custody and Visitation

Issues surrounding children -- custody and support in particular -- can be some of the most contentious elements in a divorce, but it serves your kids best if you can work things out. We can help you to learn how child support is calculated, how judges make decisions about parenting time, and how to work together to do what's best for your children.  For some information on what is involved in this process click here.

Child Support

Child support is determined by one of two ways, income based or by an agreement between the child's parents.  Whoever is not the primary custodian of the child will generally need to pay some form of child support.  Click here to be taken to the Kentucky Child Support Calculator to find out what the child support obligation would be.


​There are several types of Visas.  Some examples are Business, Tourism and Visit, and Travel Purposes Not Permitted On Visitor Visas.  These are nonimmigrant visas for a temporary stay in the United States.  

Deportation Defense

If you have found yourself in removal/deportation proceedings we may be able to help.  You may find yourself in this situation if ICE (Immigration Customs and Enforcement) has detained you and is holding you for a trial with Immigration Court.

We may be able to help you begranted protection from removal proceedings in Immigration Court which may lead to you receiving permanent resident status.

Asylees and Refugees

​You may be granted Asylee or Refugee status if you have been persecuted or fear you will be persecuted on account of your race, religion, nationality, and/or membership in a particular social group or political opinion if you were to return to your home country.

Migrant Workers

Temporary Worker Visas are for people who want to enter the U.S for employment that will last only a fixed period of time.  This is not for permanent status.  These visas require you to have a prospective employer to file a petition with the U.S.

These visas are divided as follows H-1B, H-1B1, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, L, O, P-1, P-2, P-3, and Q-1.

Green Card

This is also known as a permanent resident card and what an immigrant can use to receive status here in the United States.  There are several different categories that you may receive a Green Card through, these include Family, through your Job, Refugee or Asylee Status and many other ways.

U.S. Citizenship

Citizenship can be attained by either birth or by naturalization.  To become a citizen through naturalization there are several processes and requirements to be fulfilled.  We help you from the beginning of this process with applying for your Green Card to the final stages before attaining your citizenship.

Family and Juvenile


Legal Services

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)(DACA Renewal)

If you meet the guidelines that are listed below you may be eligible for DACA.  If you are approved this visa is will decrease your capability of being deported for 2 years.  DACA is renewable every 2 years and may be eligible for employment authorization.

You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:

  • Came into the U.S. prior to the age of 16
  • You must have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007
  • You must have been present in the U.S. on June 15, 2007 and every day since then
  • You cannot currently have any lawful status, meaning that you cannot currently have a visa or any other type of lawful immigrant status
  • You must currently be in school, graduated from high school, or have a General Education Diploma (GED) at the time of your DACA application
  • You must not have been convicted of certain criminal offenses
  • You must pass a background check

Federal crimes tend to carry a much harsher penalty than misdemeanors if convicted.  Having an attorney can help you with thoroughly investigating your case, determining if the evidence against you was obtained illegally, obtaining witnesses on your behalf, negotiating for reduced charges with the prosecution, and much more.  Obtaining legal counsel from a lawyer who can handle federal criminal defense can make all the difference between successfully fighting your charges and spending years in a federal prison.  For more information on federal crimes please click here.

Criminal Defense

Deferred Action for Parental Accountability (DAPA)

Announced on November 20, 2014 by President Obama, this may grant a Temporary Protected Status (TPS) to people who:

  • ​Have continuously resided in the United States for the past 5 years
  • Have a U.S. citizen child or a child who is a permanent resident (green card holder)
  • Has not committed certain types of serious crimes

If you think you may qualify for this type of type of protected status you can call us to get the process started!


Being charged with driving under the influence or while intoxicated can be a difficult issue to handle, however you can seek out the counsel of an experienced attorney to help you and listen to your concerns.  For a list of some of the DUI Laws and penalties please click here.

Services may be performed by other attorneys.  This is an advertisement

Call Us Today




These types of crimes carry a less serious penalty if convicted, however you may still receive jail time and or heavy fines.  Misdemeanor crimes are classified into Class A and Class B, each of which carries a variance of punishments.  If you wish to fight these crimes or to have them expunged from your record, hiring an attorney to help you can be invaluable.  A criminal defense attorney can tell you what to expect in court as well as help you to navigate the criminal justice system.  For additional information on misdemeanor crimes, click here.

Llámenos hoy



Traffic Tickets 

Receiving a traffic ticket can result in raised insurance rates, points deducted from your license, and fines and penalties.  If you choose to fight your ticket you may want to hire an attorney to help prepare your case and help you to avoid the costly fines from a ticket or even a suspended license.  For additional information on traffic tickets please click here.